- PT1-2-1 One- on- one training is regarded as being the most effective way of achieving your goals. Personal training at Greenwich Fitness is conducted in a custom designed studio in which there will be a maximum of two people training at any one time ensuring your privacy and comfort are maintained. After a thorough analysis of your needs the training is tailored to your individual requirements and current fitness level. As your fitness and technique progresses your programme is adapted so that it constantly challenges your body in new ways. Physical Training alone is rarely the exclusive answer to achieving your fitness goals. Personal training aims to cover all aspects of your life offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle factors in addition to the physical training to make you healthier and happier. Group Training Small group training is also a great way to improve your fitness if you have a small group of friends with similar goals. Training with friends is a great way to stay motivated and add further enjoyment to your training and of course this allows you to share costs! What Next Your Personal training at Greenwich fitness will begin with a no obligation consultation…
- BlogFor those who enjoy training outside Greenwich Fitness run courses of 45 minute circuit classes in Greenwich Park. Using equipment from the studio a small group will train using functional movements and cardio training to achieve their goals. Keeping the group size small ensures you will get all the attention you need to get the most out of every session. Courses are run over 10 weeks and will get progressively more challenging to push you harder and further each week! 2011 Course Dates – coming soon Course Costs – £150 (10 sessions)
- TriathlonCompeting in triathlon requires a large input of time, energy and commitment. Having a coach to guide your training ensures that you get the most out of the training time you have available. Greenwich Fitness can help you develop the specific skills and fitness required for triathlon. Typically your training would be split into various stages to help you prepare for your priority race. Base training The purpose of base training is to develop the basic aerobic endurance that is essential for further progression. It is also a great time to develop technical skills such as bike handling, run technique or swim efficiency. Base training is also a good time to develop the functional strength and flexibility that will help you perform at a higher level and avoid injury. Build Training The next stage of training sees an introduction of some higher intensity efforts and begins to condition the body and prepare it for the higher intensity work to follow. Strength and flexibility work will continue but will begin to become more performance orientated and less focussed on injury prevention. The build phase is a great time to begin developing transition skills. Peak Training This phase gets you ready to…
- Training AreasPre-Natal Training The benefits of training during pregnancy are now widely accepted. The type of training that can be done is largely dependent upon the pre-pregnancy activity and fitness levels of the mum-to-be. Training during pregnancy is a great way to maintain a healthy weight, improve posture and pelvic floor control, improve balance and coordination as your body changes shape and is a great way to increase strength and stamina helping with the physical demands of pregnancy, labour and post-natal recovery. Post-Natal Training It is often recommended that you wait at least six weeks following a conventional birth before starting exercise again, longer following a caesarean birth. However depending upon the type of birth and pre-natal exercise levels training can sometimes be started straight away. Training will initially focus on recovery, postural correction and boosting of mood and sense of well-being the focus of training will then shift to weight loss and regaining of your pre-pregnancy figure whilst developing strength and fitness. Rehabilitation Personal Training is also a good way to avoid or recover from injury. A stronger more flexible body that has achieved postural balance is less likely to become injured from either overuse of trauma. However if an…
- MassagePilates is a great way to strengthen your core muscles, improving joint stability, muscular balance, flexibility and overall mobility and posture. Pilates can be beneficial for anyone regardless of age or fitness level. Greenwich Fitness offers courses of small group Pilates sessions. Over a course of 10 weeks your skills and technique will be developed through a progressive training plan that aims to re-educate and restore optimal muscular function. The groups will have a maximum of six participants ensuring you can enjoy the benefits of individual attention from the instructor. 2011 Course Dates – coming soon Course Costs – £150 (10 sessions)
- About UsMatt Wakefield Matt completed a Masters degree in Sports Science and Biomechanics in 2002. He then went on to complete the Premier Diploma in Personal Training and Sports Massage (REPS level 3). Since then Matt has worked at one of the large fitness chains in Canary Wharf where he progressed to Personal Training tutor/assessor and was involved in the delivery of educational courses for other trainers across the company. Whilst working as a personal trainer Matt has developed an approach to training that has seen his clients gain results time and again. By developing strength, flexibility and postural balance whilst optimising body composition Matts training approach will help you achieve your fitness goals. Matt is passionate about the benefits of sport and exercise and loves his work. Seeing his clients make progress and make positive changes to their lives brings Matt great satisfaction and pride. Matt is a keen triathlete having competed in over 60 events. He has represented Great Britain at Age Group Level at both the Sprint and Olympic distances in Vancouver in 2008 and Budapest in 2010. In addition to this Matt is a BTF coach and has helped many people achieve success in a variety of…
- Contact Us19 Westcombe Park Road Greenwich London SE3 7RE Tel: E-mail:
Greenwich Fitness offers high quality personal training services based in a private personal training studio located just metres from Greenwich Park.
Whatever you are working towards a highly qualified and experienced personal trainer can help you achieve your health and fitness goals more quickly.
Check out the promotions page to find out about the discounts and special offers at Greenwich Fitness.